Saturday, November 10, 2007

D-Day

Praise the Lord for Joshua has finally arrived on 8th November at 1516hrs!

Many have told me about the process but I've never realised how magical it is till we've been through it. The emotions came like 30-foot waves and I've got to fight it back with all my might to prevent the tears from gushing out. I've got to be strong for Mummy as she accomplished one of the most (if not, the most) amazing wonder in God's kingdom.

As I looked into Joshua's eyes, there is this unexplainable feeling as if both of us have long for each other for the longest time. As the nurse prepare him for all the various tests, I stood frozen as the little fellow held on to my index finger. It was then that I realized that one's life will never be complete without having your own child. It is has been reiterated in the Bible, and the real thing is never far from the truth.

Baby Joshua weighed in at a healthy 3.12kg, measured 51cm from head to toe and the head circumference measured 33cm. He follows Mummy's blood group ie. B+ and as the gynae remarked later, one of the most 'good-natured' baby that she has ever delivered. There was no incessant wailings, nor did he squirmed or fight against whoever held him. He was just quietly observing all that is around him, slowly taking in the new surroundings. He took to breast-feeding without much fuss and looked contended just being held snugly to Mummy's breast.

Many came to visit us during our stay in the hospital and we thanked all who came as well as the numerous greetings and best wishes that we received. My Dad was over-joyed and as Mikael described, was smiling from ear to ear :) My mum was cool about it, but I am sure she's just trying to suppress her emotions as she has finally joined the ranks of 'Grandma' among her siblings. We were also grateful for Janet and Alan who came to help out and chose to spend their free time with Joshua.

Well, the journey has finally came to an end, but a new chapter is now being written as I typed away. There are many new challenges ahead of us, and I believe, with God's Help, we will nurture and raise Joshua in His teachings.

No comments: